Code of Ethics
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Areas of strength in other WKA Kindergartens
I was wanting to get some help from my fellow teachers undergoing registration about what they see as strengths within their Kindergarten environment and thought this might be a good place for you to add this information. I am wanting this information, which may also be beneficial to others of you, because when thinking about ongoing professional development or even the performance dimensions within our registration requirements, your areas of strength I feel can help us decide, depending on our interests, what Kindergarten we can visit on our observation day. As is the case at the moment, with the cancellation over the winter months of observation days, my Associate Ally and I discussed maybe using my registration release day next term to visit another Kindergarten hence the reason I am wanting to find out what each centre sees as their strengths. An example of a strength, I feel, could be seen at our last registration meeting by our hosts St Andrews Kindergarten with thier interest in sustainability. I look forward to any feedback that anyone can provide. Regards Jodie from Grasslands Kindergarten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great idea Grasslands Ktgn. If teachers could share the kltgn strength or strengths with other colleagues we would have a great data base to call on. We need to be proud of the wonderful and exciting things happening in our ktgns. We need to dig deeper than the surface and reflect on what is happening in our programmes for children and their whanau and how special/unique each ktgn is. Anne
ReplyDeleteIS there any kindergarten which considers themselves strong in the area of carpentry/woodwork????? We are wanting to revamp our area and are looking for some awesome ideas
ReplyDeleteamy - st. andrews kindergarten